– What’s the new legislation?
You’ll find the full details of the new legislation in a draft legislation document.
The upcoming legislation includes requirements to:
– Have a qualified professional carry out tests at least every five years
– Supply a report of inspection results within 28 days of the testing
– Provide the local housing authority with a copy of the report within a week
– Supply a copy of the latest report with all new tenancy packages
– Supply reports within 28 days of a request from prospective tenants
– Fix any problems found during the inspection within a maximum of 28 days
Breaching the new legislation could leave you open to receiving fines of up to £30,000. The new legislation aims to improve safety standards, whilst being easy to follow. As a landlord, you only need to schedule checks and submit the right reports.
– How can you follow new electrical checks regulations?
You may already voluntarily carry out electrical checks. If you’re not sure you’re following legislation, now is the time to make sure.
We have a team of NICEIC electricians available in Bristol to assist you. As qualified professionals, we can carry out inspections and safety checks. You’ll be provided with a thorough report that you can keep for your records, as well as copies provided for the local housing authority and tenants. We’ll ensure that you have your report quickly so it’s ready to go, giving you plenty of time to submit the results to the relevant people.
For more information about electrical safety checks, why not contact us now?